Thursday, June 7, 2007

Even Vin!

Even Vin Scully is getting in on the act now. Paraphrasing, he singled out Pierre after one of his outs last night, saying something like, "It's the leadoff man who makes things happen. Pierre isn't getting on, so it's no surprise that things aren't happening." Of course, nobody else is getting on either, but Pierre does symbolize an inability to get on base.

1. Grounder to first. #198.
2. Grounder to second. #199.
3. Grounder to first. #200.
4. Infield single? Or reached on Kouzmanoff's error? Anyone watching the game would assume the latter; play-by-plays say "Pierre safe on Kouzmanoff's throwing error"; but box scores credit Pierre with a hit, so I will too. I'll edit this post if that changes.

Pace: 552.

3 comments:

D4P said...

The box scores are telling me that Pierre had a single last night...

Humma Kavula said...

I see that too, and I'm a little confused. The play-by-plays do not show a single; they show groundout, groundout, groundout, safe on error. The only explanation I can think of is that the scorer gave Pierre an infield single and Kouzmanoff's error explains Abreu going to third... but watching that play, it was error all the way.

I will make the change to reflect the official score.

jimbilly4 said...

We should congratulate Pierre for reaching the 200 Outs milestone by June 6.

Thank you so much, Juan Pierre.